Saturday, 17 August 2013
After changing her mind about what she wanted to be for book week at Kinder she finally settled on Angelina Ballerina. We had found the perfect dress the week before at an op-shop.
We spent the day before finding some mouse ears and on the morning before Kinder I added a pink bow and elastic so they wouldn't fall off.
Perfect, now she just had to get into the dress.
The dress. Where was the dress??
Not hanging up.
Not in the wash.
Not in the playroom.
Or in her drawers.
Or under her bed.
She was ok about wearing a different dress, and still looked sweet, but it wasn't the way it was meant to be.
5 hours at kinder. 5 hours for me to search for the dress.
Minutes before picking her up, my peripheral vision picked up a patch of pink. In my hanging shoe rack.
She had stuffed and scrunched the dress into a shoe sized hole in my wardrobe. Of course. Why hadn't I thought to look there!?!
I took the dress to kinder, and she was able to wear it for the last 5 minutes.
When I took her home and showed her where I had found it, she said 'I remember I put it there'.
Wednesday, 17 July 2013
Tuesday, 16 July 2013
I don't know if this is common to most households, but in our house from about 4.30pm there is an incessant dialogue (read whinging) along the lines of 'when is dinner?' 'what's for dinner?' 'I'm hungry!'.
It frustrates me.
It drags me down.
Most importantly, it really doesn't make me get dinner to the table any faster.
It seems obvious to me now that rather than trying to negotiate with terrorists, I needed to take a pre-emptive strike.
So, I now start my dinner-prep by chopping a plate of vegetables to put out on the table. Two of my children are happy to eat vegetables at dinner, one is not. It is that one who tends to complain most of being hungry before dinner.
These days, if there are still vegetables on the table, there is no legitimate reason for anyone saying they are hungry. As a bonus, it takes the pressure off worrying about making a perfectly balanced dinner as I know they have already had their vegetables.
Do your children complain about being hungry before meal times? Do you have a good solution?
I'd love to add more solutions to my arsenal :)
Linking with Jess for IBOT. It has been a LONG time since I blogged on Tuesday, but luckily there are many people who do regularly, so I recommend stopping by Jess's IBOT for links to lots of wonderful blogs :)
Tuesday, 2 July 2013
How did it suddenly become July?
This is my little Rainbow Cat.
I like her expression. I love that she is staring into the lens.
What makes this a really good photo however is the light. Photography, nearly always about the light. Take a pic in the first or last couple of hours of sunlight, and it will be a much better photo than in the middle of the day. Softer light. No harsh shadows.
Do you think about light when you take photos?
Tuesday, 9 April 2013
Wednesday, 30 January 2013
Thursday, 24 January 2013
For a long time I have been wanting a new camera bag. The camera bag I have at the moment was previously the home for a camcorder. It works, just. But not really. I really need something more suitable. The problem is that most camera bags in stores in Australia are, well, ugly.
I need a bag that is heavy duty, sturdy, comfortable, has room for spare size 4 clothes, 3-4 hats. drink bottles, snacks, dummies, a book or two, a couple of toys, tissues, bandaids, 2 pairs of sunglasses, keys, pens, spare paper and a mobile phone. Oh, and also a dslr camera, a couple of lenses, a remote shutter release, a cleaning pen, and maybe occasionally an ipad or 3 (the kids now need them for school).
So yes, sturdy is definitely important.
However, I want it to be pretty too.
Seeing as I am a maximiser* I have a huge need to research extensively before purchase, and below are some of the ones I have found.
|Tulip by Kettie bags - $210 USD|
|Rose Moss by Jototes - $89 USD|
|Missy Chocolate by Jototes - $119 USD|
|Ketti Bag - $210 USD|
|Lua Handbags Turqoise Owl - $175 USD|
|Noir Tote by Jo Totes - $89 USD|
What do you think? Do you already own a camera bag that you are happy with? If so, please share!
Which would you choose?
* Maximisers are people who feel the need to maximise their purchases and decisions, by doing as much research as possible for acting. The opposite of an impulse buyer. I am a maximiser about 95% of the time. The other 5% of the time I am an impulse buyer.
I need to work on moderation and try and find a happy medium.