Saturday 21 May 2011

Yum!

Last night I tried Mini Egg and Bacon Pies from Easy Peasy Lunchbox Winners. Mine were not nearly as beautiful as the original picture, due to my slap dash method of Friday night cooking. Also, Emma said she used a wine glass to cut the pastry circles; either my muffin dishes are much larger than hers, or her wine glasses are much bigger than mine :) So, mine were rather free form, but they were definitely delicious. The man of the house enjoyed them greatly, and the boys actually ate them, and one without bribing! Which is basically the only time they have eaten a food that has such a significant egg content. Not an outright winner with the kiddies, but we take baby steps with new foods in our house, and hopefully it will be on the menu again soon. Thanks for sharing the recipe Emma!

4 comments:

  1. So glad they went down well Susannah!! We obviously drink lots of wine here! ;) I think the free form ones look much more authentic! I actually cheated on my post (don't tell anyone) and used a photo that my sister took when she made them a while ago. They looked better than mine!! Sneaky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Emma! I always feel bad about having a second glass of wine, and you have just provided me with a solution - I just need bigger glasses:)
    Love that you cheated with the photo - very sneaky :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that this blog had some quite good suggestions:

    http://www.lovefoodhatewaste.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovefoodhatewaste looks interesting, i will have a closer look this afternoon. thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete